These are my version of the Portuguese egg tart, only less eggy more custardy.
|Do not overbeat the eggs.|
|Roll pastry sheet into a log.|
|Place each segment flat faced into tray.|
|Here I used jumbo sized muffin tray, regular sized tray would be ideal.|
|Custard will start to caramelise and rise in the oven.|
|Portion controlled and delicious.|
|Flaky, creamy and sticky.|
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup caster sugar
450gram heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pack of frozen puff pastry
muffin tray for baking
1. Defrost puff pastry and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Beat eggs and vanilla till combined. Do not over beat the eggs.
3. Heat cream and sugar in saucepan till below boiling point. Allow to cool slightly.
4. Pour cream mixture into egg mixture, while stirring to combine.
5. Roll puff pastry sheet into a log and cut into 2 inch segments. There should be six equal part to each pastry log.
6. While laying the pastry segment flat, press each piece to line muffin tray.7. Pour custard mixture into pastry lined muffin tray.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until custard is set.
* You can check to see if custard is set but gently shaking the tin. If the mixture seems wobbly then it may need a few more minutes.