Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday's Fancies: Colours

The sun shone a little brighter this week and all of a sudden the city seemed to have broken free from spring's endless showers and oozed sunshine and colour at every turn. People flocked to the green open spaces, women donned their bright floral frocks and suddenly colourful displays in all shades of the rainbow popped up everywhere. Here's a few pictures I managed to snap up before retiring myself into a lazy sun quenched lizard. While writing this post I can't help but think about the trail of destruction left behind by Frankenstorm this week. It breaks my heart to see so many deaths and damages. If you are like me sitting in the comforts of your home feeling helpless about the situation then here are a few ways you can help out.

- The largest organisation of its kind, the Red Cross is accepting donations here or call 1-800-RED-CROSS. They are also looking for volunteers to assist in shelters, more information here.
- Salvation Army is providing food and shelter to victims. Donate online or call 1-800-SAL-ARMY.
- New York Cares is the city's largest volunteer organisation. Click here to donate or sign up here to volunteer with the relief efforts.
- Global Giving has set up a Sandy relief that includes victims in the Caribbean. Click here to donate.
- The Mayor's Fund for New York is also accepting donations. Click here to donate.



City laneways bursting with overhead lightboxes and colourful signage all competing for a second glance from the bustling crowd. 



A display of the most beautifully made in Italy pinwheels. The sight of them is enough to bring out anyone's inner child. So far this week I have walked past this display twice and now my kids own 4 of these... soon they'll have enough to start a mini wind farm. 



Finally mixed and matched the perfect set of indigo crockery. Don't you think they make fine props for {camo meets couture} baking recipes?   



An oversized scarf has to be the most versatile item that ever existed. Here I'm wearing my leopard scarf as a cover-all for a day at the hot spring. Too bad they don't make kiddie versions.



Another week of friday's fancies and another yellow and blue colour inspiration. The more I look around the more I see this particular combo. I love these glazed blue subway tiles paired with the yellow lacquer. Plus a chalkboard this colourful is just begging for me to pop inside.


31 comments:

Alyssa said...

These photos are gorgeous...so bright and colorful. I hope you have the happiest of weekends, Jenee!

Alyssa
The Glossy Life

Natalia/Shandrese said...

This is such a great post! I love how you always find such interesting topics to blog about :)

http://sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com/

Stefani said...

I really enjoy posts like this,so inspirational! Love how you used your scarf as a dress,great idea!
xx

Always Maylee said...

I really love yellow and blue together too. And I LOVE the jungle cat picture, so cute and clever! Hope you have a great weekend friend! :)

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheila said...

Love your photos!! :)

Have a great weekend!

xo - Sheila
www.sheislovelyblog.com

A Very Sweet Blog said...

wow jenee! i thought that was a dress! you got me! that oversize scarf looks exquisite on you. lol at wish they made them kiddie size. hahaha they probably wouldn't stay in it. hahahaha i'm a big fan of pinwheels. i find them so magical and i love the color of these! excellent post! what happened in NY and NJ definitely broke my heart.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Anonymous said...

Absolutely DIGGED those crockery bowls! LOVE!

Unknown said...

Great pics, Lovely colorfull mix of images. I hope everyone is doing better after Sandy.

Kisses
<3 Val
www.beautyval13.blogspot.com.ar

Bettina said...

Beautiful yellow doors :)

Yes, I really hope things start to get better for all those who lost their homes :(

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

What an uplifting post. Love seeing all the bright colors.
Mom Fitness Journal | Girlie Blog Seattle

Jo said...

Thank you for the bright colourful post. Just what I needed.

I hope you've been well.

The Dragonfruit said...

Whoa, that was a scarf? Awesome use for it! Haha, and love all the colors. I love that indigo closeup too :)

Trendy Teal

Kelly said...

Great photos!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Jessica said...

What a wonderful post. I love your scarf. It looks so chic on you. I actually just ordered about a week an oversized scarf for myself. I am so excited about all of the opportunities.

Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

P.S. Stop by and enter my giveaway for a pair of Crystal Stud Earrings.

We are also hosting a Christmas Card Exchange that we would love for you to join.

Diana Marks said...

Lovely images! Hope you are having a great weekend!

LA By Diana Live Magazine

Cravingforbarneys said...

What a colorful, wonderful post! Love it!

Elise Mooijman said...

Lovely pictures!

Mooij

hope in high heels said...

gosh, it looks like you had a lovely, colourful week! Love the Melbourne laneways, the leopard print scarf and... everything! Hope you had a great weekend

Sandy a la Mode said...

such beautiful photos!! soo jealous it's getting warm! i miss warm weather already!!

xo,
Sandy
Sandy a la Mode

trishie said...

Love the indigo crockery, would make for awesome styling of your lovely baked goods!

Allison said...

Love the first part of your post- it shows what a thoughtful & wonderful person you are! ;) And I love all the color this week! The scarf is amazing- LOVE how you can wrap it all around- I have some McQ scarfs that are so large that I really want to make them into dresses because the prints are so gorgeous! :) haha!
:)
Allison
AND PS, please don't forget to enter my 1500 follower GIVEAWAY here! :)
A's Fashion Files
Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!

C said...

Love that contrast between the yellow and the blue. And pinwheels are ALWAYS amazing!

C
http://projectmintbean.blogspot.com

Bravoe Runway said...

I love that chalkboard and the blue and yellow combo! The leopard sarong is great and it would be cute if they made mini versions too!

Sophie said...

Haha, your little one looks so cute! x

http://your-girl-is-lovely.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

I love how you pick up on all the little details Jenee, from the pinwheels to the pretty blue glaze tiles + yellow doors--so so pretty! And meow, look at you in that leopard scarf, I wish I could make scarves cooperate like that!

xo Mary Jo

Crazy Style Love said...

Gorgeous photos, so full of beautiful colour!

xo Jenny
www.crazystylelove.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. It's great that you have so much inspiration around you. xo

LUXESSED

Chocolate Cookies & Candies said...

I just love the way you write. I'm drawn into your world for a little moment.

Laura said...

Lovely pics, the colors are so fun and inspiring! And so thoughtful to post those links to help out after Hurricane Sandy, thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

So nice blog I like it .
empower network

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...