Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday's Fancies

Hello hello, happy friday everyone! I am now blogging to you from Melbourne, Australia. We landed earlier today after what might be described as a marathon of a flight. For those of you with little ones, you'll understand what it's like traveling anywhere with them. Now add to that 20+ hours in the air, 10+ hours of transit and travel, the crossing of 8 time zones and the sudden change from summer to winter. Let's just say I was quite relieved when I heard those two front wheels hit the tarmac.

Now that I've landed, I can't wait to get back to my usual blogging schedule. I'm dying to catch up with everyone and see how you're all doing. I'm sure I've missed so many great posts this past week. Thank you for continuing to visit me even though there hasn't been much activity lately. If you're interested in seeing what life is like down under, I will be snapping away on instagram @jeneechen. For now, a few pictures from life this week. xx Jenee C.

Spending quality time with my sister baking, laughing and eating. These were meant to be passionfruit yoyo's but they looked so cute open instead of sandwiched that we decided to leave them that way.
Miss mini-me fast asleep with her sunnies on. Keeping a low-profile so she gets to nap in peace. Little did she know it made for adorable photos.


We do not have a Whole Foods in our town, the nearest one is an hour away (sad face). I make sure I visit every other week to stock up on whatever fresh produce is in season. These beautiful figs go so well in soups.

Putting together a few colours to bring with with me that would transition well from summer to winter to spring to summer and back to winter. Yep, I will be experiencing all 5 seasons in the next 4 months.  

I love surprises but best of all, I love watching my kids faces light up at surprise visits from daddy when we're out at the park.

27 comments:

Alissa said...

Essie's colors are killing me now, I love them!

S said...

Beautiful photos of your children ! I love those sweet treats and the fruit photo, beautiful capture. I can feel how hard it is to adjust in a different time zone, it takes quite some time to settle down. But I guess, blogging balances everything -this is one activity that keeps us sane in the midst of all these chaos and differences !
have a nice weekend !

audrinajulia said...

your daughter is such a cutie with her sunnies! i can't imagine you're going with five seasons for your 4 months vacation! can't wait for your upcoming post about your hometown.(?) too! Love tne last photo even more! surprise from daddy/hubby is the best part of the day! Have a great weekend dear!

fabulouspetite said...

How fabulous is it blogging from down under. I love every minute of it when I used to be a stay at home mom like when my son was little. Your daughter is stinkin' cutie. I love these instagram photos, keep coming please. Have a great weekend !

xo

Sam
http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that you made it safely to Australia.

You once asked me whether I was on Instagram. I've now made my profile public and I'm following you and I'd be so happy if you could follow me back. xo

Jeans and a Teacup said...

Oh my gosh what a long trip! Enjoy Australia! These pics are great. Love the nail polishes.
~Jessica
http://jeansandateacup.blogspot.com/

DAILY DISGUISE said...

wow i didn't know the flight time was so long! thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, i'm following you now on gfc! :)

www.dailydisguise.com

Unknown said...

Such gorgeous photos!

xo- Courtney
girlavantgarde.com

Akiko said...

Beautiful and cutest photos!! Love the cookies and Miss mini me... Adorable! You have a great blog and let me know if you want to follow each other! xo akiko
Style Imported

Street Fashion Paris said...

Awwww....so cute!!! xxx

Victoria Talia said...

Very sweet photos! I can't believe you're in Australia! Lucky. And I can't believe it's winter over there. Australia always reminds me of Finding Nemo ;) I hope you have a wonderful time!

c said...

lovely post and great pics!
<3

ps. you can now win some awesome Sabre sunglasses on our blog!

Marcela Gmd said...

Beautiful post!!!!! thank you so much for your friendship!!
Have a wonderful weekend! and my G+ for you...

Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

Antonella Leone said...

fantastic pics <3

Chocolate Cookies & Candies said...

It must've taken some getting used to when you moved from Melbourne to Tennessee. I miss Melbourne too :( I commend you for bringing 2 very young kids on a long haul flight. I think I just about passed out from exhaustion dealing with a precocious little girl from the UK to NZ. 28 hours later, 10 hours transit...... NOT fun.

The Dragonfruit said...

Aww, that's so sweet (the last picture), it made me smile :)
Haha, and oh man, I do not envy you that flight! So glad you're all safe though

Trendy Teal

Vett Vandiver said...

all of these pics are so adorable, love! <3

Ann said...

Love your pics,
stunning, cute, and adorable.
The first one looks yum too.

Amy said...

Congrats on making it! Can't wait to see the photos!

xx amy
Leopard and Lillies

Marie-Eve said...

Aweeee ! She's so cute ! Love all those nail polish too !
Thanks for the follow, I'm too !
My Blog - A Pretty Nest

Alyssa said...

You are super woman! That sounds like a serious trek, but I'm glad you made it safe. Can't wait to see photos from around Australia!

-Alyssa
The Glossy Life

aniesbrand said...

Fifirst pic the best:-) looks delicious:-)

Unknown said...

Your pics is pretty!

Follow me? :)
angelineng92.blogspot.com

I'm from Malaysia!

Unknown said...

Those are such great photos! You little mini-me is so precious! Hope your having a wonderful time and can't believe you'll experience 5 seasons in 4 months...crazy!

xo Jenny
www.crazystylelove.com

Cielo said...

Love those photos! Visit my blog. If you want to follow each other, just let me know :)))


http://misscielofernando.blogspot.com/

trishie said...

The sweet treats look positively delightful. Have a lovely time in Melbourne!

Sandy a la Mode said...

those sweet treats look amazing!!

xo,
Sandy
Sandy a la Mode

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...