It's strawberry season again! I took the girls strawberry picking yesterday, they had so much fun playing out in the sunshine and eating fresh berries. We never actually got around to picking any berries ourselves. I did make sure we didn't leave empty handed so we came home with a bucket of pre-picked strawberries instead.
For me, the best way to enjoy strawberries is to just wash and eat. However, this recipe for a balsamic reduction dressing really brings out the strawberry's natural flavours. In fact it's so good that I don't think I can go back to having fresh berries without a little balsamic sauce on the side. Try it out, you won't be disappointed!
xx Jenee C.
|Fresh picked local strawberries.|
|Prep strawberries while sauce is reducing.|
|Reduce balsamic vinegar and brown sugar till sauce thickens.|
|Drizzle on sauce and enjoy!|
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 pint fresh strawberries
1. Wash strawberries.
2. Combine balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in saucepan. Bring to boil, let sauce reduce and thicken on medium heat about 7 minutes. Be careful not to caramelise the sauce, add more balsamic vinegar if that happens.
3. Prep strawberries however way you prefer, garnish with icing sugar and mint or basil leaf.
4. Drizzle on balsamic sauce and serve.
5. Store extra sauce to use on salads, fruit etc.
* More strawberry recipes to come...
This looks soo yummy!! I'll definitely have to make this :)
Really lovely recipe I should try it soon. beautiful photos of the strawberries as well.
Thanks for commenting on my blog dear <3 can we follow each other?:)
i am in need of a (healthy) dessert for a dinner this upcoming weekend...this will work perfectly!
a peek of chic
i am need of a (healthy) dessert for a dinner this weekend...this will work perfectly!!
a peek of chic
Post a Comment